Live streaming is one of the biggest innovations that have come from the use of the internet. In fact, a larger percentage of internet traffic currently is attributed to make their events available to the public live. And it is expected that the percentage share of internet traffic will increase further in the coming years. So, why is that streaming your moments to the world online is that big? The reason is that there are numerous advantages associated with live video streaming platform and live video streaming services.
One reason is that through making your event live, one can be able to engage with attendees. These attendees are the ones who are unable to attend the live event in person but can watch it through the streaming service. So, in a way it can be argued they attended. The other reasons are of course that you can increase the attendance, and increase the user experience.
The type of event to be streamed on platforms will depend on what you prefer. You can showcase a cooking competition, a music concert, Live Streaming IP Camera Canada a coaching session, a festival and even a wedding, which is rapidly growing in popularity. Of course, as already aforementioned, there are a number of platforms such as Live broadcasting to Facebook, Go Live Broadcast and other social media platforms such as Twitter and YouTube and Periscope.
Social media sites such as Facebook Live are increasingly being preferred as a platform for going live because of the huge number of people who use them. Social media sites users as per the recent statistics of 2017 are indicated to be about 2.46 billion worldwide. That is a huge number of potential viewers for your event or even potential attendants.
Most of the platforms available are increasingly integrating the use of various social media platforms for instantaneous live streaming across multiple platforms. You are talking about broadcasting across Facebook live, YouTube Live, Twitter live and Periscope. That can be done by using live broadcasting platforms and live streaming devices.
Requirements for Going Live Using These Services:
Of course, apart from identifying your live streaming platform/application and signing up, you must have the following:
· A reliable internet connection
· A high-performance computer/smartphone
· A webcam or camera with a video capture device in case you are using a device
As devices can be bought, or you can use the platforms which have many plans – basic, premium or enterprise plans. There are some platforms who offer free trials, often for a period usually 1 month. The main disadvantage with free trials is that they are limited in terms of features and functions and thus you may be limited when broadcasting.
Live streaming your event
After knowing the importance, ways available for live streaming and the requirements needed, all is left is the action itself which is simple. When you have a live streaming device, the first step is to connect your device to any video source or to the camera. With one tap from the app provided, you can modify the title of your event, start, stop and pause and execute and use other functions and features. There is a feature for streaming across multiple platforms simultaneously.
Using Facebook Live Stream Service
1. With your mobile device or computer with a camera, you go to the news feed on the Facebook app to live stream. There is a “live” option that you must tap. Another option for live streaming is through your profile. There is a live video option from the menu “What is on your mind”, when tapped.
2. Facebook would then request access to your camera if is the first time. You must allow it. Any subsequent access to the camera will be automatic when one is to live stream.
3. Choose preferred privacy setting. You may choose to live broadcast to your friends or public. There is another option for “only me”, that is great when you are new to the service and want to test it. Nobody loves embarrassing himself, you can trust the live streaming for this.
4. Describe your live broadcast. Give it a catchy title.
5. Choose a location, or an activity and tag friends.
6. Before going “Go Live”, you must set up your camera in the right direction/view. After setting up the camera, and Going Live, you can then interact with your viewers.
7. When done, click “finish”. There is the option of posting the video for other people to be able to watch it even after the broadcasting has finished.
8. Save your video for future use; tweaking and re-watching.